9/19/08

Camping Adventures




Over labor day weekend we decided to fend the wilderness & take Libby camping. We didn't go far, to Itasca State Park (home of the Mississippi River Headwaters). Next year I think we will shoot for the North Shore she did such a great job! We had a nice little walk in site (50 yards from our car LOL), set up camp & had a blast! The first day at the park we just hung around the campsite, walked around the lake & got our tent & necessities all in order. Miss Olivia was in bed by 8, so mommy & daddy could have a bon fire & some grown up beverages :) and then woke up at 3am for a party. Not scared, or crabby just happy as a clam, drank her bottle & told us a few stories. I have such a hard time shutting her down when she is so darn happy & cute. But about an hour later I said, OK babe time for sleep. We shut off the lights & let her bunk in on the air mattress, which she hogged & I loved it!



The next day we decided to take the 'wilderness trail' on our bikes. This is a 17 mile bike ride, which I thought sounds good we have gone a few 13 mile treks in town, and knowing this would be harder because of the hills I was ready for a challenge. Well about 5 miles in I was about ready to spat on my husband for talking me into it, but at the same time loving every second. Olivia loved the ride, she now fits in her buggy w/out her car seat & enjoys the ride. I figure, in Weight Wathers Terms, I gained about 15 pts that day for my hard work. What a beautiful ride it really was. My bike needs a little fine tuning but I would definitely do this all over again.

Here are a few pics of the trip. Besides everyone telling us we shouldn't bring a baby camping, and how she will get too cold (I think she got too hot) and came home w/ a fever, missing 3 days of daycare and my Mom saying "I told you so"...We had so much fun, and are planning on reserving a spot for our camping trip next Labor Day soon!

c

1 comment:

latisha said...

im so jealous! we'd have to go so far to get cooler weather, but my friend took her 1 month old out near the grand canyon and she did fine. i think its great to get outside with them.

5 teeth!! wow. we still are toothless, and i am not really looking forward to teeth, still breastfeeding ya know ;)! but gosh i sure wish she'd feel better soon. thanks for the tip on the meshies ill buy them asap.

we are loving your adventures, but baby is most important, so we understand not having blog time, but yes you were missed.

we are actually going to WA for our white xmas this year. should be a big adventure!

Counter

hit counters

Merry Christmas 2010

Most Wonderful Story Christmas 5x7 folded card
Create beautiful photo Christmas cards at Shutterfly.com.
View the entire collection of cards.

Olivia's 3 Month Pictures

Olivia's 3 Month Pictures
A glimpse at our super cute, super expensive professional pictures

Olivia's Diddy

Sorry I don't know how to flip the image!

Olivia's First TuTu

Olivia's First TuTu