1/9/09

Cafe Latte?

I have some terrible news.

Call child protective services.

I am a terrible Mother.

While getting ready to leave this morning, and playing the balancing act I so often try to perform: Carrying Baby, Purse, DVD underarm, Coffee, all while digging for my keys (because my stupid auto-start locks the doors when you start it!). As I am performing this magic trick, guess what happens? My coffee spills...where might you ask? All over my poor innocent baby girls face! I can hear your aw, shock & surprise. I am sure your shock is nothing like the sounds that came from my house this morning.

First, screaming baby. The kind of scream that is silent. I hastily throw everything down, scream "OH MY GOD" and Corey comes to my rescue as we both fumble to get her out of her seat to quickly put a cold compress on her face. I, trying to get to work early, show up a 1/2 hour late due to the sobbing that followed by me, and the giggles from Little O.

I have to say, she is 100% OK. THANK GOD, THANK GOD, THANK GOD! Her & Grandma called me at work today to tell me she is ridiculously happy today, they are playing with dolls & having a grand time. Well, Olivia is playing with dolls. When Grandma tries to play, Olivia quickly takes the doll away from her and slams her (the doll) on her face. Jealous? It is very funny to see this from her, as when her & I play with dolls she laughs & helps me feed her baby a bottle, jump in the Jumperoo, etc...but not with Grandma. She is Grandma's only girl, no sharing. Lucky for Miss. Olivia she will be the only grand baby for awhile!

Have a great weekend everyone! And remember...take two trips when you are carrying coffee & a baby. Lesson Learned.

1 comment:

latisha said...

you poor thing!! this can be so scary for mom. im glad everyone is okay.
sevi fell 4 ft onto tile floor the other day. not even a bruise. i still have a sore throat from screaming so loud. ahh motherhood.

Counter

hit counters

Merry Christmas 2010

Most Wonderful Story Christmas 5x7 folded card
Create beautiful photo Christmas cards at Shutterfly.com.
View the entire collection of cards.

Olivia's 3 Month Pictures

Olivia's 3 Month Pictures
A glimpse at our super cute, super expensive professional pictures

Olivia's Diddy

Sorry I don't know how to flip the image!

Olivia's First TuTu

Olivia's First TuTu