2/27/09

Kiwi and Grapefruit Salad



*I ran across this recipe, and I love to post recipes I have made or find interesting. This is one that will be stuck into my recipe book (a photo album I keep recipe clippings in for 'future' use). It looks so fresh & so summery-for those of you stuck in the North you could pump up the heat in your house, fresh squeeze some OJ, put on some sunglasses & pretend you are in the tropics! For those of you that live in warm climates...I am jealous of you, even with your spiders & snakes! Enjoy!

Ingredients:
1 cup whole-milk yogurt
1/2 cup chopped fresh mint
3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
8 ruby-red grapefruit
4 kiwis, peeled and cut lengthwise into sixths
1 cup flaked coconut, lightly toasted
1/2 cup shelled raw pistachios, lightly toasted

Directions:
1. Whisk together yogurt, mint, and sugar. Keep sauce chilled, covered.
2. Trim ends of grapefruit. Standing fruit on a cut end, trim peel and pith away from sides. Holding grapefruit over a bowl to catch juice, cut segments free from membranes.
3. Toss grapefruits with kiwis and layer in eight individual bowls with coconut and nuts. Serve with sauce on the side. Makes 8 servings.

Nutrition Facts: 4 Points
Servings Per Recipe 8 servings
Calories 215 * Total Fat (g) 8 * Fiber (g) 5,

No comments:

Counter

hit counters

Merry Christmas 2010

Most Wonderful Story Christmas 5x7 folded card
Create beautiful photo Christmas cards at Shutterfly.com.
View the entire collection of cards.

Olivia's 3 Month Pictures

Olivia's 3 Month Pictures
A glimpse at our super cute, super expensive professional pictures

Olivia's Diddy

Sorry I don't know how to flip the image!

Olivia's First TuTu

Olivia's First TuTu