5/19/09

Happy Anniversary Yaya & Papa!!


True love is a friendship set on fire....

Yesterday marked my parents 30th Wedding Anniversary! I’m sitting here thinking that Corey & I are pretty great because we are coming up on our 3rd Wedding Anniversary…but 30? Wow! Can you imagine being happily married for 30 years? What a milestone, what an accomplishment, what a commitment!

Being a biased daughter, I have always thought my parents the most beautiful, fun, perfect couple. I honestly believe my Daddy is the most handsome man on this earth and my Mom is the most beautiful woman. And together…they form this crazy beautiful connection. I feel the world is a happier, prettier place with them in it. I love you Mom & Dad!

With that said, I am so excited to tell you about all the wonderful food Corey & I made for their anniversary feast at La Casa Sorenson on Sunday evening! I made a 3 course meal…it was so much fun. All from scratch, all so delish. I even devoured the leftovers, and I don’t even like leftovers…it was that good (which makes for a whole other post on weight control & binge eating, LOL).
The Menu:
Wine: Cabernet, free refills
Appetizer: Goat Cheese & Shredded Goose Wontons (Baked)
*Goose that my hunting husband so graciously provided for our family last fall.
Soup: Garden Vegetable Puree
*I decided to make soup vs. salad this day. I chopped up carrots, asparagus, green beans, peppers, onions & garlic. Let them simmer for HOURS in vegetable broth & seasonings, pureed them with my magic wand and added a splash of ½ & ½….holy Moses this was so AMAZING. It was good without the ½ & ½…but creamier with it. I highly suggest this recipe. I think I even licked my bowl.
Main Course: Pork Chops with a Mango/Onion/Cilantro Chutney, Brown Rice with Olive Oil, Apricots, Onion, Parmesan & Garlic and grilled summer squash.
Yes we had too much food & too much wine. But man….it was tasty.
The best part about this was the leftover sandwich recipe we came up with!!! Last night we thin sliced the left over pork, toasted an Arnold Sandwich Thin Bun & topped it with: Lettuce, Mango Chutney & BBQ Sauce. My mouths waters as I type. A new family staple was born. Yum-O!
All this because two people fell in love!

4 comments:

Shannon said...

I hope you tell your mom and dad congratulations from me!

latisha said...

this was a beautiful post. from start to finish. i started with a tear for the fire, a tummy growl for the recipe, and a smile for the genious leftover dish.

congrats to your folks and wowza to your cooking!

Anonymous said...

Too fun! And what was that about throwing you a shower...is there another shower that needs to be thrown for you, or perhaps a just for fun shower????

Trish said...

HA I WISH! I loved all my wedding showers!!! Nope, a 'just for fun-Donna cook me some good food' shower, HAHA!

Counter

hit counters

Merry Christmas 2010

Most Wonderful Story Christmas 5x7 folded card
Create beautiful photo Christmas cards at Shutterfly.com.
View the entire collection of cards.

Olivia's 3 Month Pictures

Olivia's 3 Month Pictures
A glimpse at our super cute, super expensive professional pictures

Olivia's Diddy

Sorry I don't know how to flip the image!

Olivia's First TuTu

Olivia's First TuTu