Olivia woke up on Saturday happy as a clam. Talking to her dolls after a full nights rest. She was excited to see me! She was even more excited to see Daddy with her bottle in hand. She chugged her bottle while laying in bed with us watching Tyler Florence, our favorite Saturday morning tradition...and around 10am she started her almost week long battle with what I like to call 'naughty screaming'. Not the nice 'eeeee, I LOVE BARBIES' sort of scream the sort of "AHHHHH DON'T PUT ME DOWN, GIVE ME SOME FOOD, DON'T CHANGE MY DIAPER, PUT ELMO ON THE TV NOW" sort of scream....
Needless to say this past week has been one of the most challenging weeks of motherhood I have experienced. Yes she is teething....yes her daycare Momma called about an hour ago to say after nap today her ear was gunky again (we just finished meds for an ear infection)...but what do you do for a 'naughty screamer'. I am all for the 'excited screamer'....as I have been known to have this sort of personality...but the naughty screamer...IS NAUGHTY.
I have done everything. Time outs. Little slaps on the mouth (which worked a few months back...), I have threatened soap in the mouth...So I am crossing my fingers it is ear infection/teething related and after they are all cleared we will have our sweet talking, nice baby back.
Other than that, not much going on around here!

1 comment:
okay yur gonna think im nuts but we just got over this. It happend right after she started walking and thereafter for about 2 months.
she was the shit so to speak and wanted everything the way and when she wanted and i figure she thought since she could walk now why couldnt she have everything else. she even started hitting drew and i on the face. no one else. just us.
we tried everything short of child abuse. then all of a sudden for no reason at all, it stopped. needless to say many bottles of wine were drunk in these months.
why didnt they come with a manual?
Post a Comment