
Olivia is a total girls girl. She loves all things girlie. Baby dolls. Princesses. Crowns. High Heels. Makeup.
So we have been poking around with potty training. What's the hold up you say? I am just not ready. Ugh. I always frowned on Momma's that said this (sorry to my friends I judged - haha). I always thought "not ready for what? The savings you will go through each month? The losing of nasty diaper garbage's and stinky bottoms? Buck up Momma, it's time!".
Well I am just not ready. Diapers are SO EASY. There is no running to the bathroom. There is no wondering when she will pee on the floor. Just a nice, contained area that is easy to clean up!
So our daycare lady is bound & determined to have Baby O trained by the time Baby Boy Sorenson arrives this fall. And I guess I am on bored!
Yesterday they decided to throw her into big girl undies and just let 'er rip! And she didn't have 1 accident until 4pm! They put her in some snow white undies and said 'don't pee on the princess' and she didn't! At 4 when she did have her little accident she then requested a diaper. LOL
I did follow suit and put her back in undies at home. This time Minnie Mouse. And NO ACCIDENTS! WAY TO GO OLIVIA! So we are going to be a big girl undies at home, pull ups away from home kind of family from now on! I know, I greatly dislike pull ups but...did you know rubber undies are IMPOSSIBLE TO FIND in size 2T? And as soon as I find them, I will nix this Pull Up idea. I do have a Minneapolis trip planned for this weekend, so maybe Babies R Us will have something to offer!

3 comments:
too funny! hope it works! have you tried the cloth diaper stores online?
Nicki's and Wildflower are my faves. They both have training pants...but pull ups work too.
http://nickisdiapers.com/catalog.php?category=16
http://www.wildflowerdiapers.com/store/pc/viewCategories.asp?idCategory=367
A note from an experienced mama and potty trainer--those rubber underpants are the WORST! They're hot, uncomfortable, don't fit under clothes, and don't work very well anyway. Don't even go there. Seriously. Diapers, Pull-Ups, undies, whatever. Forget the rubber pants.
My babes got trained when they were good and ready independent of ANYTHING I did myself. That meant Julia didn't get trained until 1 month after her 3rd birthday and Genevieve trained herself (ripping off her diaper while running to the bathroom, letting it drop on the floor, getting on the potty chair, and going, while I had no idea what she was even doing) when she was 2 years and 9 months. Seriously, the 2nd was super easy b/c I didn't do a thing--she just had seen her big sis go to the bathroom so often she just decided one day to do the same thing.
Thanks gals! I appreciate the feedback! She has been doing so great in regular ole' 'princess undies' and LOVES the 'princess pullups'. Apparantly "Cars" pull ups are not cool enough to ward off peeing. Which I totally understand. I would pee too if my Mom put me in boy underware, haha!
Post a Comment