Ok, so I decided to venture out last night & went to a jewelry party, got suckered into buying some super cute earrings and got to chat with some girlfriends, while SuperDad stayed home to take care of my sweet Olivia.
When I get home (around 9) Corey tells me he has a funny story to tell me (which I am giggling as I write about) and it goes something like this: When he put Olivia to bed (at 7:30) she fell right to sleep on her tummy with her cute little bootie in the air. He then went upstairs to read on the couch, but the baby monitor was low on batteries so he plugged it in across the living room. As he is reading he hears Olivia start to cry...which is not abnormal and usually she will go back to sleep on her own...but he doesn't check the video monitor because it is accross the room. Well then he hears the music tune of her crib mobile (ah-ha yes! she is standing in the crib again) and he giggles to himself what a funny little girl...and then he hears CRASH & baby crying. She pulled the mobile down and from the momentum of her grasp when crashing back into her crib. Maybe this story is only funny in the heart of a Mommy of a baby who just started standing...but let me tell you again, this girl is the most funny person I have ever met.
Going back to work was really hard when she was 8 weeks old...but I am finding it harder & harder as her personality is coming out & she is more aware of the world around her. As soon as she cries for me when I leave her at daycare in the mornings I am done, you hear that hun? Ok, just kidding, but seriously my heart breaks everyday I leave her these past few weeks.
More funny stories to come! Have a great weekend everyone!

1 comment:
you are so good to laugh about these things. and though i do not want to be working full time, i do envy your getting away once in a while. the grass always seems greener somehow.
Post a Comment