2/11/09

Warm your soul

Have you heard me? I have cabin fever, which has now turned to a 'cabin headache' too...sigh. Why do we live here? Well, all I can say is I'm living here for love. If I was single, with no children, this winter would have FOR SURE drove me to move ANYWHERE less intense than here.

Anyway, as I was reading one of my favorite blogs today she had a recipe for 'Chili Mac'. No I havn't made it, but really, how could it be bad!?

My Olivia loves, I MEAN LOVES black beans. Honestly, I have to cut her off and she has been known to cry about it. So I was thinking, w/ some minor adjustments I could make this recipe w/ Black Beans, less chili seasoning, and voilia = Baby Olivia Friendly! Enjoy!

Oh and for some extra fun, you could whip up extra beef/ground turkey & make some nummy nachos Hungry Girl Style (click link for recipe) one night.



Chili Mac
16 oz uncooked lean ground beef (with 4% fat)
1 large onion(s) diced
2 (14.5 oz) cans diced tomatoes chili style, undrained
1 green bell pepper, diced
2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp ground cumin
13 oz dry whole-wheat elbow macaroni
28 oz canned kidney beans, drained and rinsed

In a large pot, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain when done cooking. Return to pot.In a large skillet, cook beef, bell pepper and onion until meat is browned, about 10 minutes. Stir in diced tomatoes, chili powder and cumin; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a low simmer & add kidney beans. In the pot with the drained macaroni noodles, stir in the meat sauce mixture. Mix well & serve warm. Try topping with 1/4 cup of fat free cheddar cheese to each serving for a value of 1 Point. Fat free cheddar cheese is a Filling Foods Friendly food.

Makes Approx. 10 cups 5 Points Per Cup

Thanks Weight Watchers Chic, LOVE your blog!!!

Counter

hit counters

Merry Christmas 2010

Most Wonderful Story Christmas 5x7 folded card
Create beautiful photo Christmas cards at Shutterfly.com.
View the entire collection of cards.

Olivia's 3 Month Pictures

Olivia's 3 Month Pictures
A glimpse at our super cute, super expensive professional pictures

Olivia's Diddy

Sorry I don't know how to flip the image!

Olivia's First TuTu

Olivia's First TuTu