If you hadn't heard I had to return to work this past Monday (May 19th, 2008) which turned out to be a better day than I had thought. My Mom had Olivia on Monday and continued to work on getting that booby baby accustomed to using a bottle. Needless to say over the span of an 8 hour day my poor mother spent at least 4 hours feeding that girl about 6 oz of formula. So of course I was a nervous wreck to ship my starving baby off to daycare the next day. Olivia and Grandma Mary just hung out, did laundry (at our house yay!) and Olivia got to take her first car ride in Grandma's car.
On Tuesday I had to drop Olivia off at Barb's for daycare and made it all the way over there without any tears...but as soon as I started to drive away I cried myself all the way to work. What a heart wrenching thing to leave your child with someone else. I just was thinking about all of the amazing things she will see of Olivia's "firsts" and how much I will have to learn about my daughter through someone else. LUCKILY Barb is awesome and called me at 9:30 to tell me that little turkey chugged a 3 oz bottle down in about 10 minutes and wondered if she could feed her more....OF COURSE YOU CAN. So thanks to Barb and my Mom's hard efforts on Monday, our little Olivia has re-learned how to use a bottle.
As for the rest of the week...Olivia has been doing so great at daycare. All the kids LOVE her and wait by the front window for her to arrive and come running "she's here, she's here!!" when we walk in the door. She even has made a few friends. One of the "little Mom's" Riley got to give Olivia her bottle on Thursday and one of the little boys wishes she were his sister. So it makes Momma feel so much better to drop her off at such a welcoming home. And now today, Friday May 23rd she was with Grandma all day again...eating her bottle like a pro and has slept almost all day from all the commotion of this past week.
And that wraps up our week back into 'real life'. Have a safe and happy Memorial Weekend!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment