7/2/08

Baby Hope

As most of you know, Corey's cousins Jeremy & Emily recently had their baby Hope. Due to some complications during labor Hope was deprived of oxygen for an estimated 15 minutes and has been living in the NICU at Meritcare here in Fargo. And we are SO SO SO happy to say that is sounds like Hope will be getting to go home for the 4th Holiday (which was her due date!). I should have posted this long ago so people we didn't have on our e-mail chain could check out Hope's Caringbridge Site: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/hopepoehler

Olivia & I pray & talk alot about Hope together. I tell her she has to send lots of happy thoughts to her new baby cousin so she can get all better & come play with us. It just breaks my heart to think of Hope & all her struggles and look at Olivia and know that we are so blessed to have brought home such a happy, healthy, thriving baby girl. We all take for granted things in life when they are perfect. So please keep this family in your prayers. Even though she is going home, it sounds like she still has a long unknown road ahead of her, and sometimes I think we forget to keep pumping up the faith when we can see the light at the end of the tunnel. So remember this family even though things are looking better.

I found this prayer for the sick & thought I would share it, this prayer has been comforting to me knowing I am praying for exactly what Hope needs, Love, Hope & God's Presence in her life:

Jesus,
Divine Physician and Healer of the sick, we turn to you in this time of illness. O dearest comforter of the troubled, alleviate our worry and sorrow with your gentle love, and grant us the grace and strength to accept this burden. Dear God, we place our worries in your hands. We place our sick under your care and humbly ask that you restore your servant to health again. Above all, grant us the grace to acknowledge your will and know that whatever you do, you do for the love of us. Amen

With all that said (and my religious rant)...Have a very Happy & Safe 4th of July!

No comments:

Counter

hit counters

Merry Christmas 2010

Most Wonderful Story Christmas 5x7 folded card
Create beautiful photo Christmas cards at Shutterfly.com.
View the entire collection of cards.

Olivia's 3 Month Pictures

Olivia's 3 Month Pictures
A glimpse at our super cute, super expensive professional pictures

Olivia's Diddy

Sorry I don't know how to flip the image!

Olivia's First TuTu

Olivia's First TuTu