7/9/08

Momma to Olivia

This week using this blog to pour out my stress has really seemed to help calm the nerves of, what I am guessing most working mothers to 3 month old babies go through.

For some reason the stress of being lake bums, working full time and darting from one activity to the next with no down time to get the laundry done, pick up my house, finish misc house chores and clean...oh I forgot my cleaning lady does that. Oh the stresses of working full time and caring for my beautiful babe are giving me the Momma blues.

With that said we found out from our daycare "momma" yesterday that Olivia is within a few days of rolling over, and oh baby this is so exciting! But I have to admit I am just so anxious to be the one to witness it and am not sure what sort of drama could result in my not being there. And wouldn't you know I tried to explain this to my manager to take a leave of absence for "baby's firsts milestones" and they didn't really go for it or approve the leave (OK I didn't really ask for the time off, but would like to) Are you reading this Steve? What do you say? : )

Along with that Miss. Olivia is also so close to laughing. It is so exciting to see her get SO excited (like when we sing her name OHHH-LIVVV-EEE-AAA in the tune to OH Can-NA-DA) and will let out one loud screech but the rest of the laugh just can not come out yet...and again it would just be the best day of my life if I could be the one to witness this first, but the chances are I won't. Since I spend only about 20 hours during the week plus weekends with my little one & her daycares spend 40+ throughout the week with her...as you can see the ratio is not looking very good on my behalf.

It is just so amazing what thinking about missing these milestones can do for an already "High Drama Momma". Lucky for my family, drama does not always result in a negative situation. I consider it creative living...life would not be worth it with out all the bumps in the road from the dramatic encounters of day to day life.

1 comment:

latisha said...

OH-liv-ia (imagine me singing) is so lucky to have a mama who loves her so much. you will have so many moments that belong to just the two of you and nobody else. those are the important ones. keep writing mama, it eases the soul.

Counter

hit counters

Merry Christmas 2010

Most Wonderful Story Christmas 5x7 folded card
Create beautiful photo Christmas cards at Shutterfly.com.
View the entire collection of cards.

Olivia's 3 Month Pictures

Olivia's 3 Month Pictures
A glimpse at our super cute, super expensive professional pictures

Olivia's Diddy

Sorry I don't know how to flip the image!

Olivia's First TuTu

Olivia's First TuTu