Well it has been so long since I last posted anything on the 'goings on' of Miss. Olivia. Our lives have been just so nuts for the past week or so, with no sign of it slowing down. This is driving poor Corey nuts because he really likes the relaxing home life, but not me, I just pack every minute of every day full of plans & activities...no rest for the wicked.
The past few weeks Olivia has been grown up so fast. I can't believe how big she is getting. If I had to guess I would say she is over 14 lbs and around 24 inches, and getting close to growing out of her 0-3 month clothes. What a big girl! We have 100% switched from nursing to formula. Which went very well, minus the fact she is allergic to cows milk (formula), so we have her on Soy and she seems to really like it. I have been meaning to get a video clip of what this Soy does to her poo's. It is really funny as it makes everything very solid so when it hits her diaper she can feel it and starts making the most ridiculous noises like she is gasping for air to get it out of her pants. We have about a 30 second window to change her before a complete meltdown occurs. But other than that things are going really well on the formula front.
So I was talking to a guy in my office yesterday and he was telling me his 12 week old babe is on this strict schedule of eating, being held & bedtime at 7:30pm! Now, as much as I felt like a terrible mother because Olivia runs my schedule, I really seem to enjoy the time in the evenings I get to have with her since I work all day and ship my poor babe off to daycare all week long. I try to do bedtime at 9-ish but it turns out by the time she gets done eating, rocking and I get my cuddling in she is sleeping by 10:30. I don't know how many 3 month old babies are on such a schedule, but for now mine will stay the way we have it. However we are doing something right because last night we laid her down awake and she fell right to sleep-no crying! You go girl!
That's all for now, I will try to get some pics up this week sometime. Have a safe & Happy 4th of July!!!

2 comments:
do whatever works for your family. every house is different. i think its great you spend extra time with her. and looks, she's getting to sleep on her own. they grow up so fast, you have to get cuddles in when you can. i know many a babies, including your cousin drew, who were the worst at bedtime (he used to call sweetly from his room "dad come in here so I can tell you I love you!), and he grew up just fine and a good sleeper too!!
Well according to my Mom & Dad, Olivia is just like her Mommy. I too hated going to bed & would kick & scream my way to it and wake up in the early morning softly saying from my crib: 'good moying' louder... 'good moying Mommy' LOUDER.... 'GOOD MOYING' until someone would come get me with a smile on my face. As long as she wakes with smile, it works for us! Thanks for all your support, love the Mommy Feedback!
Post a Comment