I thought I would give you a quick bedtime update since all my ramblings of the terrible bedtime experiences we have been having! As it turns out Olivia has been in bed before 9:30 every night this week!!! Which I consider a huge success! Last night I was ultra impressed with my bedtime skills and had her sleeping soundly by 8:40! AND I have to give 'snaps' to Corey for Tuesday night he had OJ sleeping in bed by 8:30 as well! This has been great for the anxiety/not enough time in the day/new mommy syndrome I seem to be having. Because if baby is in bed early, I have time to get some housework done, spend time with my husband or even take a bath! However, I think 8:40 was too early for Miss. Thing as she woke up at 4am this morning HUNGRY. Luckily my handsome, loving husband came to the rescue & sat up and fed her & put her back to sleep. He said when he laid her back down she didn't make a sound but was wide awake & smiling up a storm at him like she was saying "Hi Daddy, come one, don't you want to just stay up and hang out for the rest of the night" as he laughed at her & came back to bed she nestled snugly on her side (because this is how big girls sleep) and fell right to sleep without a battle.
For any of you that are having bedtime struggles here is what I have learned over the past 2 1/2 weeks. Bedtime routines take time! I think it has taken OJ over 2 weeks to finally realize what bedtime is. And we have set up the following schedule:
7pm on Bath night: Give Olivia a bath
7:30pm: Baby Massage & Start changing Olivia into her bedtime diaper & PJ's
7:45pm: Lights out, Give last bottle & rock Olivia in our new, super soft glider
8:00-8:30pm: Burp baby (who is usually sleeping) and try to lay her down in her crib. Now this is where it gets tricky! The last two nights I have shoved a pacifier in her mouth which has kept her eyes shut & no crying! But prior to this we have spent many nights patting her, rubbing her belly or shaking her crib to keep those darn eyes closed!
I am hoping this trend continues and the terrible bedtimes of the past are behind us.

No comments:
Post a Comment