3/23/09

Last year snow, this year flood!

When we brought Olivia home last year on Easter Sunday (March 23rd, 2008) there was snow on the ground & shovels were in hand.

This year 2 days after Olivia's 1st Birthday, shovels are in hand but not for the snow...for the Sand, the F-M area is fighting for 'it's life' again as we did in '97. I can't tell if it is because I am older & own a home, but this time around, the flood seems 'more serious' than in '97. Now...I am in NO WAY saying the Flood of '97 was not serious...but at this time around the flood forecast is higher, and they are working to be more prepared.

It is insanity. As I look out my window at work I see flatbed trucks full of sand bags being escorted by squad cars with their sirens on as drive these sandbags across town to fight this flood.

Corey is on his way out to help sandbag in the Moorhead area this afternoon. Pray for our city that we will have the strength & power to fight the "Might Red of the North".

2 comments:

Jamie Stavenger said...

We've been following the flood coverage and praying for you guys! Stay DRY!

Shannon said...

Trish, we are checking the news constantly down here in Moorhead and are so worried for our family and friends...good luck and stay safe...

Sometime you need to remind me the basics that I'm sure my mom has told me at some point--namely what you do for work, where you work, and where in F-M you and Corey live...just curious! :)

Counter

hit counters

Merry Christmas 2010

Most Wonderful Story Christmas 5x7 folded card
Create beautiful photo Christmas cards at Shutterfly.com.
View the entire collection of cards.

Olivia's 3 Month Pictures

Olivia's 3 Month Pictures
A glimpse at our super cute, super expensive professional pictures

Olivia's Diddy

Sorry I don't know how to flip the image!

Olivia's First TuTu

Olivia's First TuTu