So I was checking in on some of the local news & came across an article telling people in North Fargo emergency evacuation precautions, etc should they become stranded...
And I would like to quote what one very dumb man from WY had to say about Fargo:
Ron G.Douglas, WY 03/29/2009 4:35 PM
OK, so people are stranded and needing rescuing now so more people are gonna put their lives on the line and also are gonna spend tons of money to go get them when a little bit of planning on their parts would have them some place else. This kills me, every year the Red River floods (I would like to predict another flood next year just to get a head of the game here) and every year there is this mass panic to get sand baggers and every year people get stranded. When are people gonna wise up? Build a sea wall like they do along the Mississippi River in IA, IL and etc and when the water starts to rise, leave. So, once again, the city of Fargo looks to the feds (us) to come a running with our wallets out to fill sand bags and shell out cash for helicopters, trucks and etc so that Fargo can get rescued from a river that has been flooding since the city was build and will continue to do so. It is crazy, I think that if you live in a flood plain or build a city or building in a flood plain then you are buying a ticket for a ride that you alone should take. Same for people who build along the ocean where hurricanes hit and for people who build houses in forests and then don't clear cut back away from the house to protect it. Build it and when it burns up or washes away too bad.
So I said to him:
Trish S.Fargo, ND 03/29/2009 5:09 PM
Ron G, I hope the same courtesy is shown towards your family & friends in their hour of need. Comment on your own local paper, if you don't like what we have going on in Fargo, butt out. I’m not sure why you didn’t go on to say why fall in love if your heart could be broken? or Why keep creating people if they are just going to die…W-O-W Ron, is all I have to say about you.
So do we deserve to have our city taken over by this fierce river every few years because we can't get funding to fix our flooding problems & re-route the river (like in Winnipeg) or build bigger permanent dikes (some of which have been failing because of the severity of this flood)???
Errrrr!!! Just thought I would share.

1 comment:
what a *&$# really?
Post a Comment