3/16/09

Olivia's Birthday Week


Olivia Day 1. Precious Baby. 3/21/08

This is a week for much reflection.

When looking back at my calendar from 2008 I see MANY "Baby Appt @ xx:xx" on my March Calendar. These appointments were all I had to keep my days moving forward.

I was chatting with the husband this morning while getting ready for work and it went something like this:

Me: Hun do you remember this week last year? I was stuck on eternal bed rest with anxiety towards every "baby appt" in hopes of getting induced and each appointment continuing to be a disappointment with no end in sight as the weeks grew longer.

Corey: Yep, how could I forget

Me: It is crazy how over the past year I have said point blank...I will NEVER BE INDUCED AGAIN. Because I thought it such a horrid process. But looking back, I think if it gives me the opportunity to get off bed rest & on with my 'baby'...I wouldn't change a thing.

Last year I was missing out on things like Cassie's Baby Shower, Danielle's going away party, monthly pedicures and only focusing on keeping my baby healthy and getting to my due date.

This year we are planning 1st Birthday Party, re-modeling our house (as we speak the carpet guys are there) and making plans for an upcoming trip to Vegas.

Having a baby really changes time. Without a Olivia I was never able to see how much can change over the course of a year. She has enlightened our lives and has made me a better person. She is the star of our show and we thank God for her daily. When I look back to the days when she was 2 months old & thinking, I will never get a break and I will forever be transformed into a 'MOM' and 'Trish' will be a ghost in our lives....she started getting stronger. Each month she grows & learns so much more. And each month I learn so much more on the 'hows' to be a great Momma and also save some of my identity. But as time lapses and my identity does transform in to "Mom"...I am OK with that too.

Happy Birthday Week Baby. You are my everything. And I love being your Momma (even more when you say Momma) LOL.

1 comment:

latisha said...

oh trish! this was a beautiful reflection. cant wait for the days to come.

Counter

hit counters

Merry Christmas 2010

Most Wonderful Story Christmas 5x7 folded card
Create beautiful photo Christmas cards at Shutterfly.com.
View the entire collection of cards.

Olivia's 3 Month Pictures

Olivia's 3 Month Pictures
A glimpse at our super cute, super expensive professional pictures

Olivia's Diddy

Sorry I don't know how to flip the image!

Olivia's First TuTu

Olivia's First TuTu